Enjoy these tips for better nutrition and healthy eating
National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education and information campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign, celebrated each year during the month of March, focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Eating right doesn't have to be complicated. Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style, and enjoy these 10 simple healthy eating tips - today and all year long:
1. Drink plenty of liquids
2. Make eating a social event
3. Plan healthy meals (hint: make half your plate fruits and vegetables!)
4. Portion control – know how much to eat
5. Vary your vegetables, include a variety of colors
6. Keep your gums healthy by brushing and flossing daily
7. Use herbs and spices to enhance flavor of food
8. Keep food safe – don’t take a chance on spoiled or undercooked foods
9. Read the Nutrition Facts Label -know what is in the food you are buying!
10. Food is the best way to get the nutrients you need. Choose wisely.
And finally, keep moving - find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.